- We've fiddled with the client so you can now do things like mass dismiss notifications and suppress notification popups
- We've also given the friends list and notifications a makeover, and overhauled the way notifications work significantly
- Group Chat's been reworked and will generally perform faster and smoother across the board
- Your skin selection will now lock in place a few moments before you enter the loading screen! Previously, you could still flick through your skins up to the last second, only to be met with a friendly “Error: Null” message if you attempted to select a different skin
Context: Health bars give vital information in-game but become muddled and difficult to read when you and your team are bunched together. We're updating them to deliver important information at a glance while also allowing for instant identification of your champion, your allies and your enemies.
- Updated champion health bars
- Champion health bars now glow when the character is highlighted
- Updated Smite particle, sound and icon
We're showing ability default hotkeys to more easily identify which abilities are being changed
Summary: We've increased the cast range and reduced the mana cost of Phosphorus Bomb while adding in a new mechanic to the ability so that bombs are now lobbed before exploding instead of instantly damaging an area. We've also reduced Gatling Gun's mana cost and increased Missile Barrage's total attack damage ratio at later levels.
Context: By adding more gameplay depth to Phosphorous Bomb, we can more effectively balance Corki's abilities, especially his mana costs. Historically, Corki was too dependent on his overpowering early game damage, allowing him to abuse his lane opponents and snowball the game. Now that we've addressed that issue, we have room to make him more competitive in the later parts of the game.
Q - Phosphorus Bomb
- Mana cost reduced to 60 / 70 / 80 / 90 / 100 (from 80 / 90 / 100 / 110 / 120)
- Now lobs a bomb through the air that explodes at the end location, instead of instantly damaging the area
- Cast range increased to 825 (from 600)
- Now additionally grants vision while the missile is in the air
E - Gatling Gun
- Mana cost reduced to 50 at all ranks (from 60 / 65 / 70 / 75 / 80)
R - Missile Barrage
- Total Attack Damage ratio increased to 20 / 30 / 40% (from 20%)
Summary: Barrel Roll's cast range has been decreased, but to compensate we've slightly changed the mechanics of the ability. Now, if a player continually presses the hotkey for Barrel Roll just as the barrel reaches its destination, it will immediately explode on arrival. Body Slam now deals full damage to all targets hit and has a longer cooldown that's cut in half whenever Gragas collides with a unit.
Context: We want to reward Gragas for fighting strategically in close combat as opposed to sniping opponents with his barrel. The changes to Body Slam encourage Gragas to get into the fight if he wants to hit his full damage potential and maximize his mobility.
Q - Barrel Roll
- Now has a small buffer before the barrel reaches its destination (not when Gragas casts it) where Barrel Roll can be activated again to explode on arrival
- Cast range reduced to 950 (from 1100)
E - Body Slam
- Now deals full damage to all targets hit (rather than divided amongst them)
- Cooldown increased to 12 seconds (from 7)
- Cooldown reduced by half if Gragas collides with a unit
Context: Sometimes we want to adjust a champion's overall power without affecting their balance and functionality, we first look for ways to add gameplay and readability for their opponents. In Morgana's case, that means displaying the radius of Soul Shackles to both Morgana and her victims.
R - Soul Shackles
- Now displays the leash radius to Morgana and her victims for the duration of the effect
Context: Nasus has received a visual update! By hitting Nasus' sustain in the early levels, we're hoping to tone down his ability to indefinitely stay in lanes by playing passively. Opponents should be able to capitalize on harassing Nasus in the early game if they don't want him to become an unstoppable force in the late game.
- Nasus has received a visual update! .
Passive - Soul Eater
- Lifesteal rescaled to 10 / 15 / 20% (at levels 1 / 7 / 13) (from 14 / 17 / 20% (at levels 1 / 6 / 11))
Context: We're buffing Nautilus' late game utility to further define his role in teamfights.
Passive - Staggering Blow
- Root duration increased to 0.5 / 0.75 / 1 / 1.25 / 1.5 seconds (at levels 1 / 6 / 11 / 16 / 18) (from 0.5 / 0.75 / 1 (at levels 1 / 7 / 13))
Summary: We've changed the mechanics of Javelin Toss so that it now gains bonus “travel” damage only if the ability travels further than Nidalee's human auto attack range. Additionally, we've changed the damage calculations to be based on where the ability was cast from, instead of where Nidalee is when the Javelin hits the target. We’re also reducing Bushwhack’s vision and armor/magic resistance shred duration.
Context: We wanted to clarify that the optimal way to play against AP Nidalee is to get up close and personal in order to limit her poke damage. Bushwhack’s old debuff duration was oppressively long given current game flow, so we shortened it.
Q - Javelin Toss
- Now calculates damage based on where the Javelin was initially cast rather than where Nidalee is when the Javelin hits the target
- No longer gains damage from distance traveled until it exceeds Nidalee's human auto attack range (maximum damage unchanged)
W - Bushwhack
- Vision and Armor / Magic Resistance shred debuff duration reduced to 8 seconds (from 12)
Context: The damage, cooldown, and heal of Consume have all been lowered at early ranks in order to keep the ability in line with new Smite.
Q - Consume
- Cooldown at earlier ranks reduced to 13 / 12 / 11 / 10 / 9 seconds (from 17 / 15 / 13 / 11 / 9 seconds)
- Damage at earlier ranks reduced to 400 / 550 / 700 / 850 / 1000 (from 500 / 625 / 750 / 875 / 1000)
- Heal at earlier ranks reduced to 70 / 115 / 160 / 205 / 250 (+0.75 Ability Power) (from 90 / 130 / 170 / 210 / 250 (+.75 Ability Power))
Summary: Boomerang Blade will do less base damage and scales with total attack damage instead of bonus AD. As a tradeoff for stripping some early to midgame power, we're making it so that each target hit by Boomerang Blade will feel it a little more.
Context: In the early game, when Sivir gets slightly ahead with attack damage items, she can deal a large amount of burst damage with just one well-placed Boomerang Blade. This allowed her to shut down her opponents and control the lane. We didn't want to simply nerf all of Sivir's numbers, so we approached her changes with two goals in mind. First, reduce Boomerang Blade's burst damage on a single target during the laning phase and midgame. Second, allow Boomerang Blade to remain strong in AoE situations, especially later in the game, to be more in line with Sivir's strengths.
Q - Boomerang Blade
- Now scales with Total Attack Damage rather than Bonus Attack Damage
- Damage changed to 25 / 45 / 65 / 85 / 105 (+0.7 / 0.8 / 0.9 / 1.0 / 1.1 Total Attack Damage) (from 60 / 105 / 150 / 195 / 240 (+1.1 Bonus Attack Damage))
- Damage falloff per target hit reduced to 10% (from 20%)
Summary: We're taking some of the hidden power away from Vayne's Condemn. The targets she condemns will no longer be unable to act at the end of the effect unless she stuns them against a wall. Additionally, we've removed the ability for Vayne to get a free auto attack on her victims while condemning them away.
Context: Similar to our Morgana changes, when we want to reduce some power on a champion without directly reducing their numbers, we first look to introduce more gameplay for opponents or to shave off hidden power. Highly-skilled Vayne players were getting a lot of trading power in lane by landing a free basic attack on a champion after hitting them with Condemn.
E - Condemn
- Vayne can no longer queue up a basic attack on a champion after hitting them with Condemn.
- Fixed a bug where the target would be briefly unable to act at the end of the effect, even if they did not hit a wall.
- Condemn now deals all damage after knocking the target back. Wall hits are now displayed as critical strikes.
Context: We're making changes to the way abilities scale on champions designed for the support role. Our goal is to emphasize utility and protection over damage output and, with more gold flowing to supports, we had to tweak numbers to ensure certain champions didn't become too oppressively powerful.
Summary: We're removing Janna's global passive and making it a local effect while increasing the movement speed bonus. We've also reduced the overall damage of Howling Gale, but it will scale more with ability power the longer it is charged. The active and passive movement speed affecting portions of Zephyr now also scale with ability power. The ability power ratio of Eye of the Storm's shield has been reduced, but it now has the added benefit of providing additional attack damage based on Janna's AP.
Context: We've been saying for a while that we wanted to hit global passives that provide hidden power, and we're using this opportunity to tweak Janna's Tailwind. As for her Tornados, the additional ability power scaling per second means that Janna will need to fully charge her Howling Gale in order to do high damage at end game.
Passive - Tailwind
- Tailwind is now local instead of global (800 range)
- Tailwind movement speed buff increased to 5% (from 3%)
Q - Howling Gale
- Now gains +0.1 Ability Power ratio per second that Howling Gale is charged before release
- Ability Power ratio reduced to 0.35 (from 0.75)
- Charge damage reduced to 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 (from 25 / 30 / 40 / 50 / 60)
W – Zephyr
- Passive self-movement speed buff now scales at +1% per 50 Ability Power (0.02 AP ratio)
- Passive self-movement speed buff changed to 4 / 6 / 8 / 10 / 12% (+0.02 Ability Power) (from a flat 4 / 7 / 10 / 13 / 16%)
- Slow debuff now scales at +3% per 50 Ability Power (capped at 80% total)
- Base slow reduced to 24 / 28 / 32 / 36 / 40% (from 24 / 30 / 36 / 42 / 48%)
- Ability Power ratio reduced to 0.5 (from 0.6)
E - Eye of the Storm
- Attack Damage buff of the shield now scales at +1 Attack Damage per 10 Ability Power (0.1 AP ratio)
- Ability Power ratio reduced to 0.7 (from 0.9)
Context: As a result of their positioning in team fights, support tanks often require more survivability to make their contributions felt. We believe Leona has the tools to provide consistent disruption in team fights, but we wanted to bolster her survivability and let her evolve into a full tank as the game progresses.
W - Eclipse
- Changed base bonus Armor / Magic Resistance to 25 / 35 / 45 / 55 / 65 (from 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 / 70)
- Eclipse gains Armor equal to 20% of Leona's bonus armor
- Eclipse gains Magic Resistance equal to 20% of Leona's bonus magic resistance
Summary: Several aspects of Lulu's kit are being adjusted to scale with ability power in this patch. The damage of Pix, Faerie Companion, Glitterlance's minimum slow decay and Whimsy's movement speed boost now all scale with AP. However, we did remove the AP bonus from Whimsy and slightly lowered its base movement speed buff.
Context: As with the other supports, our goal with Lulu is to focus on utility, not damage. The changes that best demonstrate this philosophy are the buffs to Pix, Faerie Companion and Whimsy. These better highlight Lulu's ability to bolster high attack speed allies and grant large speed boosts where needed. With Glitterlance, we wanted to improve her slow as she gained additional ability power, but didn't want to alter her strong base value.
Passive - Pix, Faerie Companion
- Added a 0.15 Ability Power ratio
- Base damage reduced to 9 / 18 / 27 / 36 / 45 / 54 / 63 / 72 / 81 (+0.15 Ability Power) (from 9 / 21 / 33 / 45 / 57 / 69 / 81 / 93 / 105 (+0 Ability Power)
Q – Glitterlance
- Rather than decaying to 0% over a certain duration, the slow now decays to 1% per 7.5 Ability Power over its duration
W – Whimsy
- Movement Speed bonus now scales at +1% per 10 Ability Power (0.1 AP Ratio)
- Removed the Ability Power boost
- Base movement speed increase reduced to 30% (from 35%)
E - Help Pix!
- Offensive damage Ability Power ratio reduced to 0.4 (from 0.6)
Summary: We've reduced the ability power ratio of Aqua Prison and Tidal Wave but buffed Surging Tides along with Ebb and Flow. The bonus movement speed of Surging Tides and bounce power of Ebb and Flow now both scale with ability power. In fact, with enough AP, subsequent bounces of Ebb and Tide will actually heal and damage more per bounce.
Context: While Nami's general scaling is in a good place, we saw opportunities to add additional utility to her movement speed buffs and debuffs. The most unique change with Nami's AP utility scaling is on Ebb and Flow. Additional AP now improves the power of each bounce and can eventually reach positive values where each bounce is more powerful than the last.
Passive - Surging Tides
- Bonus movement speed now scales at +1 bonus movement speed per 10 Ability Power (0.1 AP Ratio)
Q - Aqua Prison
- Ability Power ratio reduced to 0.5 (from 0.65)
W - Ebb and Flow
- The percentage power of later bounces now scales. Each bounce gains 0.75% more power per 10 AP.
E - Tidecaller's Blessing
- Slow percentage now scales at +1% slow per 20 Ability Power (0.05 AP Ratio)
R - Tidal Wave
- Reduced Ability Power ratio to 0.6 (from 0.7)
Summary: With new gold flowing into Sona's support coffers, it turns out Crescendo and Hymn of Valor would rock just a little too hard. We've reduced the ability power ratio on both, as well as adjusting the base heal amount of Aria of Perseverance at later ranks. She can still hit the high notes with her Power Chords, though, and we've added an AP ratio that'll allow Sona to scale better into the late game. Finally, the base activated speed boost of Song of Celerity has been slightly reduced, as it now scales its speed bonus with ability power.
Context: Our core focus with Sona is to take some power from her abilities to shift into her Power Chord and her Song of Celerity, which allows Sona's utility to scale into the late game while also ensuring her choice of Power Chord remains relevant at all stages.
Passive - Power Chord
- Added a 0.2 Ability Power ratio to the damage of Power Chord – Staccato
- Added a 0.02 Ability Power ratio to the damage reduction of Power Chord - Diminuendo
- Added a 0.04 Ability Power ratio to the slow amount of Power Chord - Tempo
Q - Hymn of Valor
- Ability Power ratio reduced to 0.5 (from 0.7)
W - Aria of Perseverance
- Base heal amount reduced at later ranks to 40 / 55 / 70 / 85 / 100 (from 40 / 60 / 80 / 100 / 120)
E - Song of Celerity
- Active speed boost now scales at +1% movement speed per 50 Ability Power (0.02 AP Ratio)
- Active speed boost changed to 4 / 6 / 8 / 10 / 12% (+0.02 Ability Power) (from a flat 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 / 14%)
R - Crescendo
- Ability Power ratio reduced to 0.5 (from 0.8)
Summary: Soraka's base health, health per level and base armor are all being increased and she has a new passive that makes her health/mana restoring abilities more effective when the target is missing more health or mana. Starcall now scales its magic resistance shred with ability power and if Soraka hits at least one champion with it, Astral Blessing's cooldown is reduced. Astral Blessing has been changed so its armor buff now scales with ability power. We saw an opportunity to add a new mechanic to Infuse, allowing Soraka to use her own mana as either a donation or for additional damage depending on who she targets. Turns out Wishes should probably not ignore untargetable allies, so now Soraka's ultimate affects everyone on your team.
Context: Our changes are focused on giving Soraka additional utility scaling and rewarding tactical plays in the middle of combat. We also introduced more gameplay to Soraka's kit that promotes that in-combat healing style rather than being a simple health and mana battery.
- Base health increased to 405 (was 375)
- Health per level increased to 76 (was 71)
- Base Armor increased to 9.4 (was 7.4)
NEW Passive - Salvation
- NEW: Soraka's health and mana restoring abilities are 1% more effective for each 2% health or mana the target is missing
- Magic Resistance shred now scales at +1 Magic Resistance shred per 100 Ability Power (0.01 AP Ratio)
- Magic Resistance reduction changed to 6 at all levels (+0.01 Ability Power) (from a flat 8 / 9 / 10 / 11 / 12)
- If Starcall hits at least one enemy champion, Astral Blessing's cooldown is reduced by 5% / 6.25% / 7.5% / 8.75% / 10%
- Mana cost changed to 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 / 70 (was 20 / 35 / 50 / 65 / 80)
W - Astral Blessing
- Bonus armor now scales at +3 Armor per 20 Ability Power (0.15 AP ratio)
- Bonus armor changed to 50 / 65 / 80 / 95 / 110 (+0.15 Ability Power) (from a flat 25 / 45 / 65 / 85 / 105)
- Armor duration reduced to 2 seconds (from 3 seconds)
- Healing reduced to 70 / 130 / 180 / 230 / 270 (+0.35 Ability Power) (from 70 / 140 / 210 / 280 / 350 (+0.45 Ability Power))
- Mana cost lowered to 80 / 100 / 120 / 140 / 160 (from 25 / 45 / 65 / 85 / 105)
E - Infuse
- Allied cast now gives an ally 20 / 40 / 60 / 80 / 100 mana + donates 5% of Soraka's maximum mana (was giving a flat 40 / 80 / 120 / 160 / 200 mana for 0 cost)
- Enemy cast now deals damage equal to 40 / 70 / 100 / 130 / 160 + 5% of Soraka's max mana (+0.4 Ability Power) (was 50 / 100 / 150 / 200 / 250 (+0.6 Ability Power))
- Can no longer be cast on allies who do not use mana or are already at max mana
R – Wish
- Now affects untargetable allies
- Healing reduced to 150 / 250 / 350 (+0.55 Ability Power) (from 200 / 320 / 440 (+0.7 Ability Power))
Patch 4.5 notes
Rengar's received some buffs to his teamfight capabilities. Battle Roar is more effective the more people (or large monsters) he hits (there's no limit!)
What Happened In League Of Legends Patch 10.9?
In LoL Season 10, patch 10.9 was one of the most anticipated patches in the lineup. Many players were excited to see Trundle...
A Comprehensive Overview Of The Changes Coming In LoL Patch 10.13
With behind the scenes testing having been rolled out on PBE, Patch 10.13 is looking...