How To Get All Of The Prestige Skins In LoL - Updated For 2020
Having been first unveiled during the Worlds 2018 competition, prestige skins have been some of the most sought after cosmetics in the entire game.
However, while you can buy most of the skins available in League of Legends outright via the Riot Store - prestige skins are far harder to obtain, which poses a pretty significant challenge for most of the game's players.
In the past, the only way to obtain these skins was by participating in exclusive events, obtaining a mindboggling number of event reward tokens, and then, exchanging said tokens for the respective skins associated with the event.
However, Riot has realized how steep the demand is for many of these skins. And as such, they've been on a mission to create other ways for players to acquire these ultra-rare skins as well as other limited rewards throughout the game.
So if you've been eagerly hoping to get your hands on a limited edition prestige skin, you're in luck!
In today's article, we're going to give you the low-down on each prestige skin as well as what you'll need to do in order to add it to your cosmetic collection in League of Legends.
Let's dive right in!
An Overview Of The Currently Available Prestige Skins & Ways To Get Them
Getting right into the meat and bones of the topic - below we'll cover the entire range of prestige skins available in League of Legends, as well as give you the steps needed to unlock each skin.
Here are the skins you can get with prestige points:
1. K/DA Ahri Prestige Edition Skin - Unlocked by exchanging 100 prestige points for the skin.
2. K/DA Evelynn Prestige Edition Skin - Unlocked by exchanging 100 prestige points for the skin.
3. Blood Moon Atrox Prestige Edition Skin - Unlocked by exchanging 100 prestige points for the skin.
4. Fuzz Fizz Prestige Edition Skin - Unlocked by exchanging 100 prestige points for the skin.
5. Mecha Garen Prestige Edition Skin - Unlocked by exchanging 100 prestige points for the skin.
6. Bewitching Miss Fortune Prestige Edition Skin - Unlocked by exchanging 100 prestige points for the skin.
7. Star Guardian Neeko Prestige Edition Skin - Unlocked by exchanging 100 prestige points for the skin.
8. True Damage Senna Prestige Edition Skin - Unlocked by exchanging 100 prestige points for the skin.
9. Pulsefire Thresh Prestige Edition Skin - Unlocked by exchanging 100 prestige points for the skin.
10. Arcanist Zoe Prestige Edition Skin - Unlocked by exchanging 100 prestige points for the skin.
11. Coven Zyra Prestige Edition Skin - Unlocked by exchanging 100 prestige points for the skin.
Here are the event-exclusive prestige edition skins in LoL:
1. K/DA Akali Prestige Edition Skin - Unlocked by trading 1,800 snowdown event tokens for the skin.
2. K/DA Kai'sa Prestige Edition Skin - Unlocked by using 2,500 worlds event tokens to purchase the skin.
3. Arcade Caitlyn Prestige Edition Skin - Unlocked by redeeming 2,000 arcade event tokens.
4. Battle Academia Lux Prestige Edition Skin - Unlocked by buying the skin for 2,000 trial even tokens.
5. Firecracker Vayne Prestige Edition Skin - Unlocked by trading 1,000 lunar revel event tokens for the skin.
6. Nightbringer Lee Sin Prestige Edition Skin - Trade in 2,000 exclusive event tokens to unlock.
7. Project Irelia Prestige Edition Skin - Unlocked by exchanging 2,000 project event tokens for the skin.
8. True Dama Qiyana Prestige Edition Skin - Unlocked by trading in 2,000 worlds event tokens for the skin.
9. Valiant Sword Riven Prestige Edition Skin - Unlocked by buying the skin for 2,000 worlds event tokens.
10. Pulsefire Lucian Prestige Edition Skin - Unlocked by redeeming 2,000 pulsefire event tokens.
11. Dark Star Malphite Prestige Edition Skin - Unlocked by trading in 2,000 galaxies exclusive event tokens.
Now that we've covered what the skins are and what you'll need to do in order to obtain them, let's take a quick peek at what prestige points are.
Below, we'll walk you through this currency system, as well as discuss some of the problems that players are finding with the current prestige skin economy.
What's The Big Problem With Prestige Skins In LoL?
While the current lineup of prestige edition skins looks absolutely mesmerizing, many players are having second thoughts when it comes to how fair this system actually is.
After all, it's in Riot's best interest to provide hefty reward incentives to the game's most active players.
However, as you can see from the overview above, only 9 prestige skins can actually be unlocked with a special cosmetic currency that isn't event-restricted, which we'll cover in a bit more detail shortly.
What about the other skins? Well, those skins remain entirely event exclusive.
With certain events having fallen off the game's calendar or being one-time shows altogether, many players are complaining that it's basically impossible to obtain many of these skins if you weren't around during the time of the event.
And even then - during the time of any given exclusive event, racking up 2,000 or more tokens is no small feat by any means. Even if you choose to go down the pay-to-win route, you'd quickly find yourself dumping an insane amount of money to obtain one of these skins.
As such, the system is currently branded as "unfair" and limiting.
In turn, this prompted Riot to take a fresh look at some new ways that they can transition the prestige edition skins over to a new system, making them attainable for everyone, without killing off their "prestige." And the first step in that process revolves around prestige points.
What Are Prestige Points In LoL & How Do You Get Them?
Prestige points are a separate currency in League of Legends, just like blue essence and gemstones. They are not tied to any given event and can be acquired at any point in time.
Then, once an event lands - you can simply cash in your existing points or event tokens in exchange for a particular skin of your choice.
Prestige points can actually be used to unlock far more than just skins. Here's what you can trade your stash of prestige points for:
· Limited edition prestige skins.
· Limited edition summoner icons.
· Various special ward skins.
· Unique player emotes.
· Various hextech crafting materials and reagents.
So, how do you actually get prestige points in League of Legends?
At the moment, there are three main ways in which players can farm up prestige points in LoL. These are:
1. Purchasing masterwork chests via the Riot Store - there are three available bundles, with the most cost-effective one being 2,250 RP in exchange for 13 prestige points alongside 11 masterwork chests/keys.
2. Buying the "100 Prestige Point Bundle" in Event Shops - let's say that you've farmed up the event tokens, but don't want one of the event skins. No worries, just exchange the tokens at a 1,100 to 100 ratio for prestige points instead.
3. Earn prestige points by completing milestone missions - the five event-related milestone missions that you complete throughout the event will reward you with a total of 25 prestige points. And when you consider that there are typically at least 4 events per year, this makes it relatively easy to farm up enough prestige points to pick up a new prestige edition skin each season.
And with a whole slew of exciting updates planned for Summer 2020 and the Worlds 2020 event, you've got ample opportunity to grind up some prestige points for the skins you've been drooling over.
It's no secret that prestige edition skins are some of the rarest cosmetics that you can pick up in League of Legends. And they are the core reason behind why year after year, the player base practically skyrockets when a new event comes out.
However, admittedly, figuring out what prestige edition skins you want, and what you need to do in order to unlock them for yourself is a little bit tough.
That's why today we've shared our insights with you in this all-in-one guide to the prestige skin system. We've given you a comprehensive list of skins, along with their unlock conditions and costs. And we've even explained how the prestige point system works while listing out three ways that you can start racking up prestige points today.
All in all, with Patch 10.14 just some days away and a brand new event on the horizon - it's time to jump back into the game and grind to your heart's content.
Let us know which prestige edition skin you're after in the comments down below!
Planning the Lane Phase
Bottom lane matchups are the single most complex thing in League of Legends earlygame period. A 2v2 lane allows for a lot more different setups than a 1v1
League of Legends – Guide
League of Legends (LoL) is one of the most popular free online games on the internet. It was one of the first games in the MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) genre.
How To Find The Best Jungle Paths For Every Jungler In LoL In Season 10
Let's face it, playing Jungle well in Season 10 isn't exactly a walk in the park, is it?...